Calling all Head Chefs! Do you have what it takes to work for McGettigan’s Irish Pubs? Do you have the desire to work in a busy, energetic and lively environment? Do you have the ability to brighten up a customer’s day with your infectious smile? Are you a self-motivated, hard-working employee with a positive attitude and outlook?
At McGettigan’s, we have a strong passion for providing excellent service, nurturing creativity and team spirit. Many of our team members have joined us from all over the world and have stayed with us for many years to develop their skills and careers.
We’re currently looking for a Head Chef. In order to be considered for this role, you will have appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess 1+ year experience in a similar position in 4 or 5 stars hotel or reputed chain of restaurants.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English are a must. Additional languages will be an advantage.
- To assist the Executive Chef with the recruitment of all kitchen employees and to make sure appropriate induction plans are drawn up prior to new employees starting work.
- To lead all kitchen employees by example at all times, fostering a spirit of cooperation between different sections, ensuring all employees work hand in hand, and to create a challenging and fun environment for all staff to work in.
- To carry out quality control functions in all areas of the department.
- To assist the Executive Chef in preparing the department’s annual budget, analyse results, and implement corrective actions if required.
- Based on sales figures by menu items, to review the profitability and popularity of dishes on the menu, and to make changes where applicable together with Executive Chef, F&B Manager and Director of Operations.
Salary & Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes a basic salary, accommodation, transportation, duty meals, air ticket, and medical insurance.
You can find out more & apply by clicking here.