Food is a big thing at McGettigan’s and our kitchen teams at pride themselves at serving top class, award winning food. Our menu includes classic dishes such as; Irish Stew, Beer Battered Fish and Chips, the ‘Full Irish’ Breakfast and signature McGettigan’s favourites such as the ‘Buffalo Hot Wings’, ‘Atlantic Salmon’ and ‘Beef and Guinness Puff Pastry Pie’.
Did you know that we recently won yet another award for our food?
At the recent What’s On Awards, McGettigan’s DWTC won the “Favourite Pub Grub” award. Here’s our Dubai World Trade Centre team at the ceremony:
The man behind the food is Sligo-born executive head chef, Derek Flynn (middle, holding the trophy). Chef Derek has years of experience under his belt having worked in kitchens in various cities across the globe. He has been with the McGettigan’s group since its inception in Dubai in 2010. Derek is an integral part of the McGettigan’s team and travels to each and every new venue to set up the kitchen and handpick and train his new team. This meticulous training ensures the same taste and quality of food is experienced by our customers at every venue.
McGettigan’s is committed to using only the finest quality ingredients in our dishes. We always try to source the majority of our fruit & vegetables locally & we also believe in sourcing all our meat & fish from local suppliers.
McGettigan’s CQ rocked Clarke Quay in Singapore on 16th April, when the latest addition to the McGettigan’s Irish Pubs family opened its doors. And what an opening it was!
The Classic Beatles provided the entertainment for the opening weekend and even managed to take some time out to pose with our CEO, Dennis McGettigan:
Of course, there was also the official ribbon cutting ceremony and unveiling of a commemorative plaque:
McGettigan’s CQ is right on Clarke Quay in Singapore, so if you’re passing through, pop in and find out what the first McGettigan’s Pub in Asia is like!
We’ll leave you with some more Beatles action courtesy of The Classic Beatles:
Bored of Dubai? Want to win a trip to Singapore? You can now, courtesy of McGettigan’s! One lucky winner and his or her friend will not only get the chance to spend 3 nights in Singapore including return flights to Dubai, but they will also be VIP guests at the opening of McGettigan’s CQ – our new Irish Pub in Clarke Quay in Singapore on 16th April 2015.
Here’s what you’ve got to do to enter:
- Visit either McGettigan’s JLT, McGettigan’s DWTC, or McGettigan’s AUH between now and 8th April 2015 and purchase any food or beverage items.
- Write your name, mobile number, and email address on the back of the till receipt you’re given for your purchase and drop it in the competition entry box in the pub.
- The more often you visit, the higher your chances of winning.
The small print:
- You must be available to travel between 15th – 18th April 2015
- You must be able to enter Singapore on the passport you’re traveling on or be able to obtain an entry visa prior to travel
- The winner will be drawn & announced on 9th April 2015
- The prize consists of return flights for two people (Dubai – Singapore), hotel accommodation in a four star hotel for 3 nights, and VIP passes to the opening of McGettigan’s CQ. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be transferred or sold.
- Participants must be aged 18 or older.
Always wanted to see Singapore? Been already, but want to go back for another visit? For free? With added craic?
McGettigan’s can make it happen! Get in to win!
Turn your business cards into flights and enter the draw for your chance to attend the opening of McGettigan’s Clarke Quay, Singapore this March!
This fantastic prize includes; return flights for 2 people from Dubai to Singapore, hotel accommodation for 4 nights and access to the opening night launch party of McGettigan’s Singapore.
Simply drop your business card into the box provided at any of the Picturehouse gigs this weekend across our JLT, DWTC & AUH venues!
Picturehouse Concert Dates:
Wednesday 28th January – McGettigan’s DWTC
Thursday 29th January – McGettigan’s JLT
Friday 30th January – McGettigan’s AUH
Terms & conditions:
- Prize includes return flights for 2 people from Dubai to Singapore, hotel accommodation for 4 nights, access to the opening night launch party of McGettigan’s Singapore.
- Winner must be over 21 and hold a valid passport.
- Competition winner will be announced on Wednesday 4th February 2015.
- No cash alternative will be offered.